Saturday, September 20, 2008

thinking about words again...

I had quite the romantic day today....

didn't go on a date

didn't get flowers

didn't smooch

instead....

I had breakfast at Ernie's. 

I met two friends this morning at Ernie's diner... it was early and I was tired...and confused at why a 9 oclock breakfast at Ernie's was necessary when I didn't have class until 11. 
But then I was pleasantly surprised...by everything...the weather...the random topics of conversation...my attention span at 9 in the morning...

When thinking about this morning the only word that could come to my mind was romantic. 

I don't know why. 

....Mac's dictionary describes romantic using the words "mystery" and "love." 

I mean I knew I was going to Ernie's, knew that I was going at 9, and knew who I was meeting...but I guess the fact that I'm thinking about this whole thing sixteen hours later means that it must have been the slightest bit mystifying....or mysterious in one way or another...and I love it. 

So there you go...mystery and love....because of breakfast at Ernie's.

Ok so Nicholas Sparks won't include my morning at Ernie's in his next novel...

But if you really think about it...most days, if you're not omniscient or soulless, are quite romantic.



5 comments:

e. lizabeth said...

oh! i know exactly what you mean. and i love love love those days.

annie.marie.dimond. said...

I just had that kind of day on FRIDAY!!! I got up at 7:30am....and was WIDE AWAKE. mystifying? yes. It was a beautiful day though, and i LOVED it.

SO romantic.

Also, when you came to california...some of the most romance i've experienced :)

Lady C said...

I am happy you had such a great day. You will have a million more, I am sure.

Glen! said...

Plus you can add extra meat for a quarter!

A QUARTER!

k said...

al, i like your blog.

you have converted me into a frequent reader. : )

good thoughts.