Monday, September 15, 2008

lies

Something really sad happened in my chemistry lab the other day....or actually to my lab partner....
She was telling me about her dreams of becoming a surgeon and different medical missions she had been on with her uncle, and that surgery was the field where her heart really was....and then she started talking about her heart....

She said to me, "My biggest struggle in becoming a doctor will always be the size of my heart...". 

I've never seen someone have a heart attack...until wednesday when she said this. 

Right then and there...I could tell something was attacking her heart...telling it to shrink...threatening that it would hold her back from her real potential. 

LIES! 

Yes, Theresa (that's her name) and I might be the only ones blubbering in the waiting room or sealing our stitches with tears...but how much more will a heart beat mean to us? Or a breath? Or a twitch?.... If you ask me, I would want a doctor who holds these things sacred...wouldn't you? 


2 comments:

Lady C said...

Alex I love your new picture. It is beautiful, just like you.

e. lizabeth said...

GIVE ME MOOOORRREEEE RAW COOKIE DOUGH!!!!

(keep writing. i want more :)

you know what that reminds me of....


CHHHHOOOWWW MEINNN!!!!!