Wednesday, September 24, 2008

couch=community

I'm currently writing this in one of the most amazing places ever....the leather couch in memorial. If you haven't let your buns experience this ocean of comfort (i don't even know what that means but it sounds nice) then you need to. 

I've seem to have found that these couches do not only produce a prime napping environment...they produce a lovely community and here's what I mean:

Have you ever sat on one end of the couch and then someone else came and sat at the other? I mean instantly you learn so much about that person and share a connection...like how you both prefer to sit on the amazing leather couch rather than the bad, patterned, poop brown chairs that surround it. Or how you both aren't afraid to choose comfort over the risk of falling asleep when you are supposed to be doing something productive.

Oh, and then there's the post nap experience that is just phenomenal....

 I have found that every time that I have woken up from a nap on one of these couches, and look up at someone in the surrounding area (looking like a baby who just came out of the womb)...someone will either always smile...or just glance quickly at me...and its in that small moment that you can almost hear them say "long day? yah, me too" or "how was your nap?" or "you've got a little a drool on your shoulder but its okay..." 

I say we get rid of chairs...

that is all.




2 comments:

Lady C said...

Do you think your fondness for the leather couch might partly be because of the fun times we have had in "THE PIT"

emmy said...

I agree with you on the post nap experience. It's awkward, but great. I love memorial couch naps with you.